Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SGC: Dying to Diecut!

I am so excited to reveal the latest challenge at Southern Girls Challenge! Who doesn't love using diecuts? Anyone? Hello...

So I thought this challenge would be too easy for me and wanted to spice it up some for myself. Give myself a challenge! I am mainly a cardmaker! I has done layouts before, but I am not that comfortable with creating them! So I wanted to challenge my self to make a layout using diecuts! Here is my layout:


It might be hard to see, but I used a Spellbinder diecut to cut out the quote. I also used Spellbinders Triangles and pre-made diecut stickers (scallop borders and tab).
I really like the technique of spraying/dripping paint spots throughout the project. However, I should have practiced before I actually did it to the layout. I made a mistake and was disappointed with the outcome. So I used a oval diecut and cut out paper to place over the mistake. I really liked how the layout turned out before that flub. Not so much after. But I learned a lesson and I will now try things out before I put it on the final product! Please note that fellow scrapbook beginners!

So do you have a collection of diecuts you are dying to use? Dust them off and create! Once you are done please share them HERE! Great prizes can be won! 

Need some inspiration? Please check out the fellow SGC design team for some wonderful and fun projects!

Thanks for stopping by! I am off the create!

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket - Garden Variety Collection
Spellbinders - Pendants, Label 8, Lacey Ovals
Recollection brads
Twine
Misc Quote Sticker
Studio Calico Diecut Stickers
Arcylic Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment