Friday, December 7, 2012

gel-a-tins Cheveron Ornament

Hello, gel-a-tins fans! It's Jessi from Kissin' Krafts and I am excited to share this project with you! (I might be so addicted I will probably be making more soon!) I am stepping away from my normal cards today and sharing with you an ornament I made for Christmas trees.

I used Cheverontastic for this project:



I made the dough (similar to salt dough (but made with baking soda and cornstarch) and rolled it out like I was making cookies. The next stamp is to stamp the dough. (You can do this two different ways. You can stamp the dough and then use cookie cutters or vice versa. I like cutting the dough and then stamping). Make sure to use a straw to make the hole at the top of the ornament. And bake away.



I loved how these turned out. This was the first batch that I made, so it was a learning process. I did have to throw away half the batch due to cracking. But hopefully, I have learned the cause and know now how to fix.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a great gel-a-tins day!

Don't forget to join our Facebook page for the latest news and information!


Supplies:
gel-a-tins - Cheverontastic
Dough
Ribbon

** I found the recipe during one of my Pinterest searches! Here is the blog that includes the recipe:
http://woodsidekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/clay-christmas-decorations.html

6 comments:

  1. Wow, love that chevron design! So much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a recipe for the dough that you can share? I've used salt/flour dough before, but I like how white your baking soda/cornstarch dough turned out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add this to the post! Here it is:

      http://woodsidekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/clay-christmas-decorations.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jessica ! Any anti-cracking tips?

      Delete
    3. I had a problem cracking on allot of them. However, I did notice the rolls that were rolled out thinner (around 1/4 in, never cracked). Not sure if it matters, but my next batch, I am going to try to stick to that thickness.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete