Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Use What You Have Wednesdays on Sweet Stamp Shop

Hello, SWEET peeps! Welcome to another Sweet Stamp Shop's Use What You Have Challenge! It's Jessi here and I will be joining you for the upcoming Use What You Have Challenges!

I love this kind of challenge! I tend to forget about my stash items! (I store them in a different room!) Needless to say, I was excited to hear that I would be joining you all for the Wednesday challenge! I have come across a number products that I forgot I even had!

 Today's challenge -- Use What You Have Challenge #7:



As I was digging through my stash boxes, I came across some Valentine Day flair buttons that matched wonderfully with Sweet Stamp Shop's Happy Bugs! The ideas were rolling, so I go to gather my supplies!

To start of the card, I planned on using the ladybug from the Sweet Stamp Shop's Happy Bugs and coloring the image with the same colors as the flair button. The ladybug image is stamped 3 times on a strip of cardstock that I planned on running down the left side of the card.












My original plan was to have a card with allot of empty white space. Once I started to lay it out, I thought the card needed more color. So off I went to look at my papers. Once I found the perfect papers, I attached the layers.


The final steps included making the simple sentiment banner and adding the flair button to the card.


 Now it is your turn! Go through your stash and see what you can come up with! We cannot wait to see your creation(s)! Be sure to read the details below and link up your card on the Sweet Stamp Shop's blog--HERE!
_______________________

Ready for this week?

NEW PRIZE RULE - In order for us to have TWO winners we must have AT LEAST 15 entries in the challenge! If not, then we'll just award the one person who used their stash the best. SO, SHARE the challenge and get your friends on board!

Read through the directions carefully - we've changed just a couple things... (well, not really changed - just made more clear) 

You'll have until next tuesday to add your link below - your link needs to be to the direct post not to your general blog - and it needs to include -

1. A link back to our challenge (and optional - our challenge badge - see above)

2. A picture of your stash

3. A picture of your project 

Some Extra Details -

1. You do not *have to* use SSS in your card or project - although, we'd love it! (and we can't feature your project in our marketing without you using SWEET! - so keep that in mind!)

2. You have until Tuesday at 10pm pst to add your link below

3. There will be ONE winner based upon most creative use of 'old stuff' .... and ONE winner drawn from all the participants. Winners will be announced the day of the new challenge - so, in this case... next Wednesday. Prize will be something sweet - lol. REMINDER - NEW RULE - In order for us to have TWO winners we must have AT LEAST 15 entries in the challenge! If not, then we'll just award the one person who used their stash the best. SO, SHARE the challenge and get your friends on board! 

MOST IMPORTANT!!! Create whatever strikes your fancy - scrapbook page, project life - cards - altered art - home decor.... anything! Just be sure to use that old stuff in it!

(also, we had a question about multiple entries - YES, you can make as many cards as you like! BUT, it doesn't increase your odds of winning - your name will go into the hat 'once')
_______________________

Today's card features the Happy Bugs stamp set:


Supplies:
Sweet Stamp Shop - Happy Bugs (Retired)
Lily Bee Designs Paper Collection
Studio G Flairs
Spellbinders Pendant Diecuts

Also playing along with:
Simon Says Stamp- Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment