Friday, December 19, 2014

Simple DCWV Gift Card Holders

I am so excited to be sitting down and creating with some new DCWV Holiday goodies! I love the colors and how they provide precut pieces to make you projects easier!

I don't know about you, but I am in the mist of wrapping present in my household. The items seem to always be gift cards. I don't like to present the card in a normal envelope (which sadly, I have done). Then the precut scalloped edge cardstock dropped in my hands and I knew exactly what I wanted to do! So bring out the ribbon on before you know it, you have a bundle of elegant gift card holders!

1) Measure and score lines to create the envelope (this one measures to be 3.5 inches tall). There was extra cardstock with these measurements, so just cut of the excess.
 
2) Using a fancy shape die, create the gift card matting with a solid (matching) cardstock. Cut slits into the diecut, allowing the card to slide into place.
 
3) Cut ribbon long enough to wrap and tie around the holder. Before you form the bow, slide on the precut tag. Tie bow and you are finished!
 
 4) Now repeat :)



You can mix and match the pieces to create a variety of gift card holders!
 
 
 

 Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have been inspired to create your own gift card holders!
 
Stop by the DCWV blog for more holiday inspiration from their talented design team!
 
Here are the DCWV supplies used on today's  project:
 
 
Supplies:
  • DCWV Storybook Christmas Tag Stack
  • DCWV Christmas & Winter Combo Cardstock Stack (Precut Scalloped)
  • DCWV Christmas & Winter Cardstock Stack

No comments:

Post a Comment