Friday, October 16, 2015

DCWV December Daily

Hello, DCWV friends! It is Jessi and the holiday crafting season is here! DCWV has a new DIY Project stack coming to Jo-Ann stores soon. The Holiday DIY Project Stack is for Favor Boxes. However, I decided to switch it up some! And let me admit, I am going out of my comfort zone!!



Each year I keep telling myself that I would make a December Daily to document the holiday season. However, each year goes by and no December Daily! When I received this stack, I was determined to make one! So this year I am glad to say I will finally have a December Daily album.





My plan for this album is to have an Instagram pic for each day. So I grabbed one of the DCWV Insta Photo Albums available at Jo-Ann stores.



The first step I took was to create the album cover. I took some of the patterned prints and the die cut embellishments available in the DIY Stack. I also used a variety of dies for the wreath and the gold letters. Every time I added something to the cover, I felt like I needed to fill up any white space. This was odd for me, because when I create cards, I LOVE white space!

After the cover was done, it was time to create the pages. I used all the prints available in the stack and cut done the pages. The idea is to include the instagram photo on one page. The other side with have a place for the journalling.



Sorry, I do not have the pages embellsihed yet. It is a very long process for my. I have to say that this cover took me over a week to complete...and I am still unsure it is finished! However, I will be using the embellishment diecuts available in the stack.



I will be back in 2 weeks to showcase a few of the pages that I created for my December Daily album. See you then :)

Have a great day!
Jessi


Supplies:
DCWV - Holiday DIY Project Stack - Favor Boxes

1 comment: