Thursday, July 7, 2016

DCWV Watercolor Stack Layout

Hello, DCWV friends! It's Jessi from the Social Media Design Team. I am truly excited to be sharing another layout with you today! I am sort of in a slump of creating cards, but that is OK, because my love for scrapbooking is growing and it is now a fun art for me!

Today I am using two stacks that will be available soon at Hobby Lobby stores, Watercolor and Embossed White stacks!


There are quite of few pineapples throughout the Watercolor Stack, so I decided to highlight them in different parts of the layout. I chose the color pineapple print to be the main background of the layout. I attached the print to a piece of white embossed cardstock. I decided to have the de-bossed side of the cardstock as the front of the layout. I loved how the print caused the indentions to the page.


I knew that the journal card I was going to use had black, so I wanted to add more black to the layout. I opted for black paint splatters. I used watered down acrylic paint on the end of a paint brush to form the splatters.


While the paint splatters are drying, it was time to piece the layers together. I used a variety of prints and one sheet of vellum to highlight the photo. The photo is attached to one fun print and set aside. A different print and vellum are attached together and matted onto the final print slightly tilted. The matted photo is attached to the top. A pineapple diecut is attached to the corner using a foam square.


To finish the layout, I added a journaling card and cut out a few words that were part of the Watercolor Stack.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Jessi


Supplies:
DCWV - Watercolor Stack and Embossed White Stack
Paper Studio - Vellum Sheet
Gina K Designs - Pineapple Die
Black Acrylic Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment