Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My first MarkerPop DT post!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! My name is Jessica Pascarella and I am super excited to be joining the MarkerPop design team! So since this is my first MarkerPop post, let me introduce myself!

I am a SAHM of 3 wonderful kids. My main love is card-making. But have started to expand into scrapbooking and altered items. My love for papercrafts started over 13 years ago when I made my wedding invitations. My style is mainly Clean and Simple (CAS), but I love to challenge myself to try new styles as well as new techniques. My latest obsession is using watercolors. 

As I mentioned above, I love watercolors! And I have to admit it was 'love at first sight' when I was introduced to ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers!

So for today's creation, I paired up the ZIG Clean Color markers with one of the newest Avery Elle stamp set, Wild Birthday.


To start the card, I stamped the balloon image several times onto some watercolor cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Once the ink dried, I used a variety of ZIG markers to color in the balloons. I used the Wild Birthday coordinating dies to cut out the balloons and set them aside. I repeated the process for the hippo image.


To create the sky background, I used the popular ink-smooching technique. If you are not familiar with this technique, let me explain quickly. On a piece of acetate, add a few colors of paint (in this case, I used a variety of blue ZIG markers) and mix with a small amount of water. Flip the acetate over and place on top of the cardstock you are working with. Move the acetate around to spread the color until you are satisfy with the overcome.

Time to piece the card together! A small hole is punched in the hippo and strands of twine are wrapped around the image. The end of the strands are arranged at the top of the card to line up the balloons. The balloons are attached with adhesive. The hippo is attached to the card with a foam dot. A simple sentiment is stamped on the bottom of the card.


Stop by my MarkerPop post for the list of supplies used on this card!

Thank you for stopping by today and seeing my first MarkerPop creation!
Have a great day!



Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment