Friday, April 7, 2017

Watercoloring Your Diecuts

Hello, MarkerPOP friends! This month the design team is going to be sharing a few of our favorite watercoloring supplies. I recently received my first Prima Confections Watercolor set. I fell in love with them! The watercolor is probably the thickest I have ever worked with!

Today, I am pairing up the watercolors with My Favorite Things dies. I love using watercolors to color paper when I cannot find the right shades of cardstock to work with!


 To start this card, I painted a variety of swatches using the different colors in the Tropical Confections set. I spaced the swatches out to allow room to fit the various dies.


Once the individual dies are cut, it is time to piece the card together! The Birdhouses die set includes the house, roof and the pole to assemble the house. There is also a couple little bird dies to add a little cute touch to your project.

The background panel is also covered with watercolor as well. I included a layer of grass diecut to add a little dimension to the card,

I wasn't sure what I what kind of sentiment I wanted to use on this card. So I decided to leave it blank. I will be able to stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card that will fit whatever the occasion might be.


Thank you for stopping by today! Stop by the MarkerPOP blog for the list of supplies used on this card!

Have a wonderful day!

Jessi

1 comment: